Practical Pearls for Predictable Dentistry – Friday, March 26, 2021
Category 2 – 6 CE Points
Presenter: Dr. Dennis Marangos
Dr. Marangos is a graduate of the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry, 1986. He completed a General Practice Residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto in 1987. He maintains a private practice in Toronto with emphasis on aesthetic and restorative dentistry and orthodontics.
Dr. Marangos has lectured for many groups and study clubs on restorative dentistry, orthodontics and the management of TMD and craniofacial pain, direct and indirect restorative dentistry, Biometrics, Occlusion, Predictable Aesthetic Dentistry as well as teaching hands-on programs in Adhesive Dentistry and the placement of direct anterior and posterior composite restorations. From 2012—2019 he was awarded the distinction of being “A Leader in C.E.” by the publication Dentistry Today.
He is the principal doctor at the Yorkville TMJ Centre, a practice that focuses on the management of head, neck and TMJ related pain as well as treating patients diagnosed with sleep disordered breathing. In the Fall of 2014, Dr. Marangos was successful in obtaining his Diplomate in Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine from the American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Craniofacial Pain and a Fellow of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain. His professional affiliations and memberships include: Canadian Dental Association, Ontario Dental Association, American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, American Academy of Orofacial Pain, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and the American Equilibration Society. He has served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain. Dr. Marangos is on the Editorial Board of “CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice”.
As dentists, we are constantly faced with a barrage of new materials, diagnostic instruments and ideas that will “revolutionize” our dental lives. But how can we be sure of the claims from all the manufacturers? Dr. Marangos will guide you through some of the material choices we have today in Dentistry using predictable diagnostic protocols to ensure the correct material for a particular treatment which is specific to a patient’s needs are used. Topics will include everything from the New Patient Exam, to diagnosis of the functional (occlusion, TMD, Sleep Apnea and Bruxism), biomechanical (adhesive restorations, direct vs indirect options, impression materials and techniques), aesthetic (smile design considerations and materials), and periodontal implications of our proposed treatment plan.
- Implementing a diagnostic process that will guide your treatment.
- The importance of a full, comprehensive patient examination.
- Once a diagnosis is made, what are the treatment modalities available to successfully complete the treatment?
- What are your material choices based on the diagnosis and patient risk factors?
- When is a direct vs indirect restoration indicated? What are the material choices for each procedure?
- Current concepts in Adhesive Dentistry that lead to predictability and success.
- How to combine direct and indirect restorative techniques for success.
- Step-by-step procedures for: anterior and posterior composite restorations for single and multiple units.