Modern Advances in Periodontics and Implantology – Thursday, October 1, 2020
Category 2 – 2 CE Points
Presenter: Dr. Naheed Mohamed
Dr. Mohamed is a Canadian Board certified Periodontist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Mohamed began his training at the University of Toronto where he received his Honorary Bachelor of Science Degree. He then went on to pursue dentistry at the prestigious Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. After completing his dental degree Dr. Mohamed went on further to specialize in Periodontics and Implant Surgery completing his residency at Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals in Cleveland. During his time in Cleveland, Dr. Mohamed received anesthesia training through the hospital and completed a Master’s Degree in Regenerative Medicine.Dr. Mohamed has particular interests in minimally invasive approaches to surgery. He is an expert in dental implant and related site development surgery through bone augmentation and reconstruction. He also provides numerous cosmetic procedures to enhance your smile aesthetics from smile design gum contouring to lip augmentation. Dr. Mohamed has lectured internationally, has published
This program will cover the recent advances in technology and its use in dentistry. Digital protocols will be introduced that can improve upon traditional treatment planning approaches. The use of modern 3D technology and the digital workflow can simplify advanced procedures enhancing predictability of the surgical outcomes. Through the use of state of the art diagnostic imaging technologies, intra-oral scanning, live guided navigation, surgical microscopes, and 3D printing; multiple surgical applications will be showcased through real clinical cases.
• discuss them use of modern digital technologies like cbct, intra-oral scanning, and 3D printing
• learn to digitally plan surgical procedures and 3D print surgical guides and stents
• understand the benefits of microsurgery and the use of an operating microscope.
• understand the benefits of live guided navigation surgery and its applications
• learn about innovative protocols like digitally guided bone block harvesting, digitally created bone grafts and osteotomy guides.
• understand how digital planning and computer automated design can improve upon live clinical surgery.